Sunday, March 27, 2011

Three-Cycled Washcloths

So, our money's been devalued and all the factories are in China!  Now that the debt bubble's burst, cheap imported crap isn't gonna be so cheap any more.

I needed more washcloths, and after putting it off for about a year, I went shopping.  There's some as thick and luxurious as tissue paper for $3, or halfway decent ones for $7. 

Long ago I made bathrobes for the children out of bath towels.  Three towels made a nice robe and the price was reasonable, even for good quality towels.  After fifteen years of use the robes are outgrown and shreddy around the hoods, but the rest of the towel fabric is still thick and nice.  I hated to throw that away.

Old towel-bathrobe too disreputable to give away:


Sleeve to washcloth: 


They serge the edges of real washcloths, too. 


If only I had not been too lazy to change the serger thread. 


Eight washcloths for $0