Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Oatmeal Blob Bars

Why I won't get rich as a blogger?  Well, because I don't exactly blog haha. 
But also, because that's my idea of a title.  And this is my idea of food photography: 



Those are all that was left by the time I got one, which was three days later.  I invented them while fasting-- fasting improves cooking!  :-) 
They smelled pretty good. 
The kids reported that they were "okay, but maybe not that great." 

Now that I just got to eat one-- I LOVE THEM.  They're exactly, perfectly what I wanted them to be when I threw things into a bowl-- yet in a way, very surprising!  Heavy and dense with nutrition, as I had planned, but not gooey at all.  When you bite into them it's as if they have the consistency of a chewy oat bar but the texture of a crispy one.  My mouth was pleasantly confused  :-) 

They're barely sweet, just sweet enough to be palatable.  Exactly what you'd want to bring along on a hike! 

My secondary goal was to use the cheapest ingredients possible-- cheapest as in "least expensive", it's raw honey, nested eggs, organic flour etc.  Most nutrition for the least cost, is what we're going for. 

Ingredients: 

4 eggs
5 c oats
1 c flour
1 c honey
1/2 c oil
2 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP vanilla
2 c raisins

Instructions? 
Okay.  Mix and bake  :-)

No comments: