Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Divorce is Final

That was hard to get out.
How to get it out?  By getting it out.  Just say it. 
The hardest part of any of these things is to do it.
"One foot in front of the other."  Best advice I ever got. 

I got a Lincoln County divorce.  That was actually Ed's idea, once he had the girlfriend and wanted to be quit of me.  And I must say divorce by mail is a much nicer option!  Never once having to enter a courtroom, not having to do the whole sob story thing in front of strangers who are trying to judge whether I'm telling the truth or not. 
Yesterday they emailed to let me know that the judge had signed the papers, and they'd mailed me the copies.  
It was necessary.  It was long overdue, and it is a relief, but it still felt like a punch in the gut.
Thank God for friends unexpectedly stopping by, which redeemed my day

There, I said it.  And I'm gonna say more, as the fancy leads me. 
NOT going to lapse into silence again!  Not because there's something too difficult to say.   Magna est veritas. 

I really love my famous blog that nobody reads. 
Oh, a few peeps read it, so I'll go on posting all my lovely, fascinating nonsense.

But first, lemme take a selfie!


That hat is a random good memory.
I was eighteenish and the folks took me to the Abbotsford air show so I could fangirl the helicopters the entire day.  Without sunscreen.  A guy noticed my face was burning to a crisp, took this cap off his own head and put it on mine. 
Thanks! 

It's not my style, but I still have it.  I've tried many times over the years to declutter it, but random good memories should be kept.