Monday, December 29, 2014

I Take It All Back About The Fireplace

Nothing at all on the agenda. Perfect time to mess around with my fireplace again. Only today I went at it with a different frame of mind; instead of philosophy and insecurity, I used a good old fashioned pile of cardboard, like we do when we actually want to make something burn.

Started off right with a roaring blaze, not apartment-sized at all, actually large enough to make the kids look up from their video games and me to start thinking about what story I will tell the firemen.

Which settles down to this within a few minutes. Okay, then.






And it's been cooking along ever since.


Now, this is NICE.  I take it all back about the fireplace being inefficient.  I only mismanaged it on my first try, that's all.


This is putting out serious heat, the kind you feel as a pushing sensation.  It warms the far corners of the room and back into the bedroom closets.