Friday, February 5, 2016

Life and My Homemade Pizza are Amazing

Now, here is an example of provision.  Long ago I had a big pizza stone, but it got left behind. 

A pizza stone doesn't qualify as something we need to spend money on. Actually very few things qualify as that!
But this one was free!  It may be smaller, but it's prettier, and it's free and out here in the freedom to go home with us. 


I did get the pizza peel. That's the huge wooden surface with a handle, for getting the pizza in and out of the oven. 

Making homemade pizza is so fun!
In my case there's a slight overtone of defiance that goes with it.
Everybody knows the ex is horrible, we're used to that. That's why he's the ex.  
Mine, among his more serious offenses, also told me not to make homemade pizza any more, "Because you trash the whole kitchen doing it!"

That wasn't a health and safety issue like the ones I eventually divorced him for, so, fine. No more homemade pizza. 

But how about now? 
Nobody to stop me. 
I'm gonna make homemade pizza!  See?  SEE ME DOING THIS THING?  Nyah, nyah, nyah, I'm making homemade pizza! 
Yeah.  It's like that.


The discount grocery doesn't have organic pizza sauce, so I made my own, with tomato sauce and tomatoes and basil and oregano and garlic and pepper and minced onions sauteed in olive oil first.  Oh, yeah. 


You ought to see the oven.  It doesn't show up in the picture, but there's cornmeal everywhere.  The cornmeal doesn't go in the pizza, it goes on the peel, so it's the first thing your tongue comes in contact with when you take a bite.  Another little detail to makes it taste all authentic and stuff. 
But yeah, I'll have to be cleaning the oven tomorrow.

So WHAT if I get cornmeal on the floor?  I'll clean it up! 


The second pizza can honestly be called round. 


Onions on top of the pizza guarantees that this one's mine-- or so I thought.
Actually that didn't work. The darlings are old enough now that a few onions won't stop them.  I had to hork down some pizza in a hurry before it all vanished. 

Mike said, "This pizza is AMAZING!"