Thursday, October 13, 2011

Unsupervised Cake Decorating

She asked for fondant, that stuff you can roll or mold. It's basically Play-Doh for cakes. I bought a package at the nearest retailer, Wilton brand, as it happened; then, when I went looking online for instructions, I found everybody saying DO NOT BUY WILTON. And they were right, the stuff tastes awful! I wouldn't taste it, the smell was bad enough. I think at least a few of the kids had a nibble before spitting it out. It wasn't gone rancid or anything, it was just yucky and had intense chemicals.
So they had fun playing with the cake-Play-Doh, then they scraped it all off before cutting.
Don't you think we could have just used Play-Doh?







Here's the actual cream cheese frosting. It was delicious!

3 comments:

Dj said...

What a FUN cake! Way to go. :-)

Fibro Witch said...

I think it would have been more fun with play do, but it might have made the cake inedible!

Janel said...

Thanks for the comment! I just followed you back and read some of your blog. What an interesting glimpse of your life...
I've been pondering whether to share more. Often I feel that I shouldn't expect people to be interested in my ups and downs, and that I should have pride and put up a good front. Yet I don't know if anybody even buys into my good front, or if they do, nothing makes me feel more lonely than if they accept that as the truth.
Like your post "Just Blah Today", and others, how sympathetic and interesting I found that, and found I wanted to read about your ups and downs, it's not boring at all, even though I don't know you. So I guess that helped me realize how much we're all humans with problems and we can understand each other. Thank you :-)