Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm Sewing Spirals!

Sudden irresistible urge to make spiral skirts. I have four of them cut out of various color combinations. 

Here's the very cool way one looks going together: 

spirals-1202-progress-1

Does anyone think these things are tricky to sew together?  They are not like sewing two contrary curves together to make a quilt, or put a sleeve into an armscye. These are easy. There's no pinning. You just sew a few inches of curve, then pull the edges together to line up on top of each other, sew a few more inches, until one of the gores ends.  

spirals-1202-progress-2

But I have no idea why I always end up tipping my head to one side while doing it. Why do that? There's no reason. Can't see any better that way. I straighten up and start sewing again, but as soon as I forget about it, the head tips sideways.